4 cups Gerber High Protein Baby Cereal
4 cups Kretchmers Wheat Germ Cereal
2 cups powdered milk
4 cups Quaker white corn masa mix
6 T Blairs Super Preen Bird Vitamins or equalivalent
4 T Di Calcuim Phosphate supplement
2 T Lactobacillus Acidophilus bacteria (sold under the trade name Ornabac at better feed stores)
Mix all this dry stuff together and set aside.
*TO MAKE THE IMPROVED FORMULA: Follow this exactly.
- Boil 2 cups of distilled water.
- Add this to 1/2 cup of Soy Flour in a large bowl and mix well until lumps are mostly gone.
- Add 3/4 cup of peanut butter to this, and allow it to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Then add a cup of the mix (as above) and some cool distilled water.I allow it to cool a bit so the vitamins are not 'cooked out'.
- If you choose to refrigerate this, leave it a bit thick, and add hot water to mix to feeding consistency. If you choose to use it all immediately, make sure it is not too
hot, thick, or thin. If you accidentally mix it a bit thin when you are reconstituting it, just add a little of the dry mix to thicken it.
- Special note about soy flour; this is included in lots of commercial formulas, but the trick here is to COOK it in the hot water so it is digestible, but not to cook it on
the stovetop. I find that cooking it in a bowl is just right.